Pages

Popular Posts

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Doings

Hi
I know that my posts are so irregular, and as usual, I have to apologise. However, this time I think that you will sympathise with me. So much has been going on what with Christmas and presents, that I can hardly want to sit in front of a screen for so long.
Despite this, I have much to show for it. I have  made a wreath. I would definitely recommend this to anyone. It is fun, though it takes up quite a bit of time. I built it on a sort of bambooish type of twisted wreath base  thing. As foliage, I used eucalyptus, jasmine and the green wood from the pruning of a tree out the back.
I have finished that scarf of mine that seems to taking for ever. We went to a Christmas concert yesterday night at which I finished off the ends
I would like to share with you a great Christmas bauble-making idea. You will  need sequins and polystyrene balls or hearts as well as some pins. Stick the sequins into the polystyrene shapes using the pins. The pins you use should be around 1 cm long and plain. We got all of the stuff for the project here. However, I suggest pinning a ribbon to hang it on with decorative pins. These can be longer, if you like. They do look quite jolly. Oh yes, we hung  up decorations today. I think that I definitely prefer putting them up closer to Christmas. Its just that it seems such a pity to make Christmas decorating earlier and earlier.
I have been making sugar mice and buying presents for certain brothers.
Some of the sugar mice are going in little gift boxes for our cousins, whom we are going to see tomorrow.
Last Saturday, I went on  bike ride with three brothers and Dad.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your lovely messages.